Sick Gaming
Steam 2018 Halloween Sale Megathread - Printable Version

+- Sick Gaming (https://www.sickgaming.net)
+-- Forum: Marketplace (https://www.sickgaming.net/forum-37.html)
+--- Forum: Deals or Specials (https://www.sickgaming.net/forum-41.html)
+--- Thread: Steam 2018 Halloween Sale Megathread (/thread-87074.html)

Steam 2018 Halloween Sale Megathread - xSicKx - 10-29-2018

Steam 2018 Halloween Sale Megathread
[Image: renderTimingPixel.png]
As the Steam Halloween sale is now here we will be making changes for the duration of the sale.
  • All "general question" style posts regarding the sale should be posted here. We will be removing posts like these and directing them to this thread.
  • All individual threads about "should I buy this game" will be removed and be redirected to this thread as well.
  • If you are not posting something genuinely unique and interesting please do not post. There are other subreddits that would rather have your "My wallet is dying" or "Gaben" posts.

Please join us in our Discord Channel to talk about the sale!
/r/steam Discord

Feel free to post either in this thread for game suggestions, or in the monthly game suggestion thread.
Any support questions posted in this thread will be removed.
Post your support questions in the monthly community support thread.

Steam Sale FAQ!
Q: When does the sale end?
A: The 2018 Steam Halloween Sale ends on Nov 1, 2018 @ 10:00AM Pacific. Click here to convert it into your time.

Q: Are sale prices constant throughout the sale?
A: For the most part, yes. However, it is up to the developer if they wish to make changes to the percent off. Most will leave it, but some may have to correct errors or put something on sale that didn't get flagged for it, etc.

Q: Should I wait until the end of the sale to buy things?
A: Don't wait until the end of the sale As the per previous question the prices for games are going to be the same throughout the sale. If you encounter technical issues with your purchase at the end of the sale, you will miss out on the sale price. Steam will not retroactively give you the sale price once the sale ends.
If you see something you want, just buy it.

Q: Why won't the store load? Why are my downloads so slow?
A: There is severe load under Steam's servers, both store and content servers. Just give it some time, and try again later. Also, don't forget to check the server status on the sidebar.
For additional tips please visit our Download Stuttering page

Q: Can I share the games that I have with my family or friends?
A: Yes, you may do so through Family Sharing, for more information read here. However, keep in mind that redeemed games are permanently tied to your library and cannot be transferred between accounts or exchanged.

Q: Why is adding gifts to my inventory is not an option?
A: The ability to store gifts in your inventory was removed on the 4th of May 2017.
You can read more about it here.

Q: I haven't used Steam before; isn't Steam vaporized water?
A: If you're new to Steam then first of all, Welcome! And second of all, please read our New to Steam Wiki page.

Q: Can games be cheaper on other sites during the sale? What sites should I check?
A: Yes, games can be cheaper on other sites during the Steam Sale. Here is our list of safe sites to buy Steam keys from. There are many sites that sell Steam keys that practice in shady business, we recommend you only use the sites listed in that wiki page.
For more information regarding key re-sellers please read this wiki page.

Q: My Wallet/Gift Card code is damaged and I can't redeem it! What do I do?
A: If your Wallet/Gift Card code is damaged, or otherwise can't be redeemed you need to contact Steam Support with a picture of the card.
You can contact them regarding this issue here
Please note: If your code is printed directly on a receipt Steam is unable to assist you, you'll need to return to the store you purchased it from for help.

Q: I don't like the game I purchased, a game I purchased a few days ago is cheaper now, can I refund it?
A: Yes, you can refund games on Steam, even if you bought a game a few days ago and you wan't to re-purchase it during the Sale to get it for less.
To refund a game you cannot have more than 2 hours of playtime in it, and you cannot have owned it for longer than 14 days. If you have owned a game for 15 days and have 2 hours and 30 minutes of playtime you cannot refund it.
Please note: Approved refunds can take up to 7 days to appear in your account – however, refunds to international payment methods may take longer. If your refund hasn’t appeared after 7 days, please contact your bank directly and ask about pending refunds on your account.
For more information on Steam Refunds please read this official article on Steam and this Common Refund Questions article.
If you want to know how you can refund a game please read this support article on how to refund games on Steam.

Have fun and enjoy the sale